
Panagia Kakaviotissa is a chapel near the village Evgati, about 4km from Myrina, a remnant of one of the many metochions of the island, which came under the authority of Megistis Lavras Monastery in 1276. Back then, monks from the monastery of Agios Efstratios had settled in the chapel to protect themselves from the forays of the Turks. It is...